Before i go into the topic ”how to lose weight eating fruits only in 2017”, the year 2016 is about to come to an end and it’s good we look back to give account of how we fared from the beginning. Failure to plan they say will end in you not achieving that you wish to do or achieve. As the year 2017 is around the corner and waiting to be ushered in, I know some of us (including I) listed out some goals to be achieved in 2016 but for one reason or the other you couldn’t get these goals accomplished. Some of these goals could be in your career, family, health, wellness, closer relationship with God etc.
I was watching a television reality program the other day about a 29-year-old American lady who gave herself 2016 as the year to either lose some weight or live with it forever. In her interview, she’d said that she’d been battling with her weight after it started giving her serious health threat like not being able to lift parts of her body especially her legs and with her getting lazier by the day to do those chores she used to do.
Even though she had always been a chubby kid from birth, her recent addition in weight got her really disturbed in which at the start of the year 2016, precisely in January, she had it in all planned out to shed a huge part of it. She was a size 30 by January 2016 and by September same year, she had gone to size 14 under daily exercise and food control. Even though she lamented on eating what she didn’t like or would never eat, but her ultimate goal of shedding of those extra flesh kept her going. Her ultimate goal is to reach size 10 by December of 2016.
Also, a Nigerian comedienne known as Lepacious Bose, took the bull by the horn and had to shed off so much weight. She was a size 32 and by April of 2016, the social media community and indeed her fans were shocked when new pictures of her flooded the net. She had gone from size 32 to 14 and shedding off a whooping 70 kg. Right now she keeps encouraging and giving inspirational messages to people to also follow suit, isn’t that amazing?
I know there are many out there that also want to shed some and look smarter and agile but for some daily activities and demanding career you haven’t been able to. The good news is that, even without going through strenuous exercises or registering in the gym, you could actually lose weight eating fruits mainly. Sounds amazing right? Sure it is.
Not all fruits are created equal. Different foods go through different metabolic pathways in the body. They can have vastly different effects on hunger, hormones and how many calories we burn daily.
To lose weight eating fruits seems to be the easiest of them all among the available loss weight programs we may have come across. Fruits are healthy foods but not all fruits function the same way to boost one’s health. There are certain fruits that can actually help you shed some weight when eaten in the right way religiously for the sole purpose of shedding off some weight.
Thus, as you may know, not all fruits are created equal in nutritional values. While some are high in fiber and pectin which are considered to be natural fat burners and can help in boosting your metabolic activities, some others could be high in sugar.
So while you are wondering on this, let me share with you those fruits that can help you shed some weight. Remember that while fruits that burn fat has low amount of calories, they also have high percentage of fibers, enough water content and lots of vitamins to provide your body with what it requires.
Pear is amazing due to the following three features-
- High fiber content which helps digestion effectively
- Friendly with the heart as a result of high potassium content and,
- It is naturally a fruit low in cholesterol.
One good feature of the pear is that its fiber is found on the skin, therefore if anyone desires to have the best of complete nutrients from pear, consuming with skin is best and not making pear juice where the skin is removed and the fiber is missing. The fiber in pear is found in the skin, so be sure to eat that as well.
NOTE: Pear juice is not a good substitute to eating pears because you will be missing on the fiber that you need to process the sugars in the pears.
Lose weight eating fruits is also possible with watermelon. This is because of the very low amount of calories present in watermelon. Aside the fact that watermelon is naturally 92% of water in each bite taken into the body, this fruit has many essential nutrients to replenish your body and with the fiber present in it helps you stay full. Studies have it that watermelon is more hydrating than water we take because it is cased in a jelly like substance which does not passed through your body as quickly, helping you stay hydrated longer.
Points to note about watermelon
- Watermelon is a good source of vitamin C, Beta carotene and also contains lycopene.
- You can chop into bits while removing the seeds and making smoothies out of it.
- Also, it is advisable to go for watermelon when you have sugar cravings than eating any snack with sugar.
- Watermelon can be blended to make a delicious juice or chopped up (with the seeds removed) for smoothies.
Whatever type of berries you like, be it blueberries, blackberries or raspberries, one thing about them is that they are great fat burners. Strawberries have hormones that help you loose weight. Very high in vitamin C. To avoid consuming pesticides, always go for the organic strawberries and not conventional type.
Points to note about strawberries
- Adiponectin in Strawberries is kind of hormones known to be a great fat-burner
- Leptin in Strawberries is a hormone that helps in metabolic activities
- The Anti-inflammatory enzymes can take care of internal injuries or even tissue damage, thus allowing you to do the exercise you need to lose weight and remain healthy. These anti-inflammatory enzymes and antioxidants burns fat instead of storing it.
- Strawberries also contain a lot of vitamin C, which also helps in boosting metabolism.
- Apart from this, the fruit contains magnesium, potassium and other trace elements, all of which have important roles in the human body.
- Your immune system is enhanced eating blackberries because of the presence of phytonutrients and antioxidants.
With its 47 calories per 100 grams, oranges are known to contain low quantity of calories which your body requires to burn. I have been mentioning vitamin C and fiber from the beginning of this article in all the fruits listed above. Oranges are the major source of Vitamin C. So you all can see how important oranges are in helping one to burn those extra flesh.
Points to note about oranges
- Folate, Vitamin C and fiber, are major ingredients in Oranges that all contribute to a healthy weight loss.
- The vitamin C can help make your workouts more effective and the fiber absorbs water and helps you stay full.
- Oranges contain zero fat and contain a very low amount of calories.
- You can consume oranges between meals
- Pasteurize oranges should be avoided because it does not contain the same nutrients and usually contains preservatives and added processed sugar.
- Non-organic oranges are usually coated with harmful pesticides and the organic oranges will have much more flavor because they have their full natural nutrient spectrum.
- As you may know, there is no specific number of oranges in your diet that will automatically cause you to lose those weight, but try ensure that in your diets, a considerable quantity of oranges are added.
- Also, the calories in Orange Juice is twice as high to when you take the orange whole after washing and peeling the skin off with a knife. A cup of orange juice could contain as high as 112 calories, which is twice as high as when you prepare the orange yourself
NOTE: In weight loss however, orange juice is not advisable, rather go for it whole where you peel it yourself with a knife and take the contents fresh.
While on a program to reduce weight, everyone should know that the kind of fat an individual wishes to burn is known as trans-fat and hydrogenated fat. These types of fats can be found mainly in processed foods. Not all fat will be removed however as some are important in the body. The brain which is considered the engine box of the body needs fat for energy and vitalization. Even though Avocado is rich in fat, its form of fat is used as slow burning energy in body of an individual.
Points to note about Avocado
- Cholesterol is reduced to the lowest level.
- Omega 6, potassium, vitamin E and folic acid are all present in avocado.
- Eating just one avocado a day before a meal, be sure that the body has added the nutritional value to increase fat burn, detox and has been energized with natural beauty enhancement.
- Eating avocado before meal will reduce the quantity of food to consume at that time automatically because avocado is filling.
This is one fruit that have been relied on for years to help burn fat when it comes to weight loss and has been proven to be a good and dependable fruit diet in shedding excessive fats. Someone who wants to lose weight eating fruits mainly can also include Grapefruit to his/her list. Eating half of grapefruits before meal gets you filled and automatically will reduce your food intake. Grapefruit is very rich in fiber and has low calorie. This is one fruit among many that you could really rely on when about to lose weight eating fruits mainly. Grapefruit has high water content also just like the watermelon stated up and will surely help in reducing hunger cravings.
Points to note about grapefruit
- Your metabolic activities will jumpstart with grapefruit.
- There is flavanols in grapefruits known as Naringenim which balances the blood sugar levels to prevent metabolic syndrome and pre-diebetic condition which has been known to be associated with weight gain around the waste of an individual.
- You can 31/2-10Ib by drinking grapefruit alone.
- You can also begin your day with a glass of grapefruit juice to kick-start your liver into fat-burning mode.
- Coconut/Coconut oil
When you eat coconut, your liver’s metabolic activities increase more efficiently by 30% and by so doing, some waste in the body is churned out. Also, replacing your cooking oil with coconut oil will lead to loosing fats in the body. Unlike many others, calories in coconut oil act more like carbohydrates, being burned by the liver for immediate energy. You can loose weight eating fruits mainly and according to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, the body digests coconut oil more easily than the fats in butter or spreads, rapidly converting it into a source of energy.
Points to note about coconut/coconut oil
- Rich in high potassium.
- For weight loss and fat burning, Coconut oil is the best fat to choose, due to the plethora of healthy medium chain saturated fatty acids (MCTs) that boost metabolism for immediate energy. As a bonus, the MCTs in coconut oil don’t end up as stored body fat like longer chain fatty acids sometimes can
- coconut oil is regarded as the best fat to choose from due to the availability of plethora.
- Usage of coconut oil helps reduce depression in women.
- Coconut oil is said to be the healthiest fat which will not make you gain weight
- Eating Coconut is great for people that have a slow metabolism.
So, as we can see with the nutritional ingredients in fruits, it’s good to take to heart that one can lose weight eating fruits mainly and not only through the gym. It doesn’t mean you wouldn’t eat normal cooked food, but in a small quantity or portion and preferably normal cooked food should not be more than 20% of your meal during dinner.
Finally, Keep in mind that frozen fruit loses some of the nutrient content, So the best is to have fresh fruits consumed at once if you can rather than keeping some as leftovers in the refrigerator to be eaten later. Eating fruit in moderation is also great for weight loss or to burn fat because it can effectively help control calories intake while providing essential vitamins and minerals.
So if you are too busy going to the gym and registering as a member, you could lose weight eating fruits mainly by putting yourself on some fruits diets. Yes, it works perfectly.
Another point to remember during weight loss program is for individuals to EAT WHEN HUNGRY.
**Note here that, when on a lose weight program with fruits, it doesn’t mean cooked food won’t be consumed, but make your fruits 80% of your diets and cooked food only 20%**
For further reading on how to lose weight eating fruits mainly click here.
Any experience or addition on how to lose weight eating fruits? Kindly air your thoughts in the comment section.